- What is your adventure going to look like?
- What are you going to do?
- Who is going to be there?
- Where is the adventure going to take place?
- Why are you doing this?
- How much will your adventure cost? How are you going to pay for it?
- What skills do you need to learn or practice for your adventure?
- Create a plan that is clear and complete.
- Make sure everyone knows what they need to do.
- Once the plan is complete, go on the adventure you have planned!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How could you have made a better plan?
- What happened on your adventure that you were not expecting?
- What went according to plan?
- Why was your adventure successful?
- What will you do differently when planning your next adventure?
Keep it Simple
Try brainstorming an event or activity that you could do for each of the six Program Areas.
Take it Further
- Plan an event from start to finish – don’t forget about things like paperwork and money! Ask your Scouters for help with anything that you are unsure about.
- Help to plan a camp for your Section! Camp planning isn’t just about picking your meals and activities! How do you decide how much people should pay for camp, where you will stay and what equipment you will bring?