Board of Governors Approved May 5, 2018
Eliminate any structural or program barriers to diversity and inclusivity in Scouts Canada.
We are committed to inclusivity and diversity in Scouts Canada’s membership, structure, and programs.
We are also committed to eliminating discrimination, exclusion, and marginalization based upon any prohibited grounds under any human rights legislation.
- We will:
- Incorporate diversity and inclusion as elements of the Scouting program
- Ensure that people with disabilities and vulnerable or minority groups have equal access and opportunity to utilize our services
- Regularly review our policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure they reflect our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ensure all services are available to everyone, without regard to any personal characteristic which is considered a prohibited ground under human rights legislation, and that support structures are in place to do so
- Advocate for inclusion and diversity throughout Scouts Canada
- Create experiences that help youth understand the importance of diversity and inclusion
- We prohibit any form of violence and unlawful harassment, including harassment based upon any prohibited ground under any human rights legislation.
- We allow members to excuse themselves if any program activity is thought to contravene the rules of their faith or spirituality.
- For Groups aligned with a particular faith, Scouters are to consult with the Community Partner to help fulfil the spiritual goals of that faith