Member Disclosure Protection (Whistleblower) Policy
Board of Governors Approved May 5, 2018
Create an environment where members feel safe to report issues of financial or resource mismanagement.
At Scouts Canada, we are committed to the highest possible standards of openness, integrity, and accountability in responding to concerns about financial or resource mismanagement.
- We protect members who report illegal or unethical conduct including fraud, theft, or misappropriation of resources.
- We deal with reports of illegal or unethical conduct including fraud, theft, or misappropriation of resources promptly, fairly, and firmly.
- Anyone who has evidence of illegal or unethical conduct regarding the mismanagement of financial or other resources should report this information to the Executive Commissioner and Chief Executive Officer or the Chair of the Board of Governors.
- No one at Scouts Canada (including our officers, employees, and members) will take, or threaten, any disciplinary or other punitive measures against any person with the intent to:
- Compel that person to refrain from providing information to an authorized representative of Scouts Canada
- Retaliate against such person for providing the financial or resource mismanagement information