Sometimes families need financial assistance to help pay for uniforms, equipment, and program activity fees. No One Left Behind (NOLB) Participation subsidy is Scouts Canada’s financial assistance program.
- Parents/guardians apply online for activity uniform, equipment, and activity subsidies.
- All applicants must undergo a Low-Income-Cut-Off (LICO) test to qualify for the subsidy. The LICO test requires each applicant to indicate their Household Income and the number of adults and dependents within their household.
- No One Left Behind Participation subsidies may be provided up to a maximum of $200 per individual applicant per reason and within a calendar year. Upon exception, we will review applications for more than $200 for a specific reason like a special adventure or camp for example. If your application is being review, you will be notified automatically, and it may take up to 3 to 4 weeks before you are approved, and the Group receives the funds.
- All applications are reviewed by Scouts Canada’s National Service Centre and must be received 60 days prior to the need for the funds requested.
- We will send the funds to the Group within 30 days.
- Group Treasurers and/or Group Commissioners will be notified of the disbursed funds for the youth recipient. Groups are responsible to allocate the funds appropriately for the intended purpose.