Council-specific forms and document downloads can be found below. If you can't find what you're looking for, please try searching Scouts Canada's National database.
About West Registration
WestRegistration@scouts.ca is the shared email address for Member Services Registrars in Western Canada.
- Use WestRegistration@scouts.ca to seek support with Registration, Volunteer Readiness and MyScouts.
- Note that the email address now directs through the Helpcentre - making it easier for us to track your inquiries
- Use clear subject lines to highlight your needs (e.g. "BackCheck Invitation request", "Scouter training status inquiry", "Youth volunteer registration help", "Group Committee role change needed", "References status check"); indicating your Council and Group can be helpful too
- Include names if you're asking about or inquiring on behalf of a particular Scouter, parent or youth.
- Trust that we do our very best to respond in a timely manner and in the order received.
- Be aware that you may receive replies from Member Services Registrars in other parts of the country (and that we in turn may provide support to other parts of the country) depending on regional volume. The aim here is to equalize support to all of our members and prospective member families.
The National Subsidy Program, No One Left Behind, can help with membership fees and required program uniform or equipment.
This subsidy is now available during the registration process. Simply begin registration and find a group near you at www.scouts.ca/join. The No One Left Behind Membership Subsidy is based on income and family size and can cover up to 80% of our annual fee.
Uniform & Equipment Costs (Participation Subsidy):
Groups are able to request funding to provide a uniform or equipment needed for program (eg. sleeping bag, snow shoes, etc) to youth who can't afford it. If you need financial assistance for uniform or equipment, please reach out to a Scouter in your group to request it. Note that these funds are granted to the Group, not the individual, so the Group maintains ownership of the equipment provided.
It's our goal to remove whatever barriers we can to offer our program to youth. We look forward to welcoming you to Scouting.
- Chief Scout’s Award FAQs
- Queen’s Venturer Award FAQs
- Medal of the Maple (for distinguished youth service)
- Jack Cornwell Decoration (for heroism and bravery)
- Award for Fortitude
- Scouts Canada Foundation Scholarship