Novel Coronavirus Update — May 27, 2020
We are still Scouting—join the fun!
In light of the novel coronavirus and prolonged physical distancing, Scouts Canada has taken several actions to modify how we do things (please see list below). These actions have been extended until at least June 30.
- All Scouts Canada Summer Camps have been cancelled.
- All Scouts Canada properties are closed to youth, volunteers and the general public until Aug 31.
However, Scouting is still going on. Scouters are keeping active and connected through Scouting at Home virtual programming. Want to learn more? We've put together this video to introduce you to the concept.
Many Groups are conducting virtual meetings. Visit our social media channels (@scoutscanada) to find out how the community is coming together and keeping engaged, and download our safety tips for best practices when meeting online.
And Scoutshop.ca is still open 24/7 to help provide any material you may need to continue your Scouting adventures. Don’t forget, adventure is everywhere—even in your backyard!
Any changes to Scouts Canada’s direction and other pertinent information will be posted on this page.
The following actions, in line with advice provided by provincial and federal government agencies, continue to be in effect until at least June 30.
- Spring registration for the 20/21 Scouting Year is postponed until further notice.
- All Scouting-related travel is cancelled.
- All in-person Section programs across Canada are suspended, including regular meetings, outdoor adventures, tours and camps.
- All Scouts Canada Summer Camps are cancelled.
- All in-person Scouts Canada activities are cancelled or suspended.
- All Scouts Canada properties are closed until Aug 31 and associated events cancelled or postponed.
- All Scout Shops are closed until further notice
- Scoutshop.ca remains available.
- All Scouts Canada offices are closed until further notice; employees are working remotely.
If you have questions, please address them with your Section Contact Scouter, Group Commissioner or Relationship Manager, as appropriate.
If you have questions related to a planned event or camp, please contact the organizing team lead of that event.
Important links to keep you informed:
- Stay informed with the COVID-19 developments via the World Health Organization (WHO) website.
- Check the Canadian Government Public Health (PHAC) website for regular updates.
- Talking to Children about Coronavirus
- For Mental Health support — The Government of Canada has launched this new portal: Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support
- Keep up to date with provincial COVID-19 health announcements and resources: