- How will you make your decals?
- What supplies will you need to make your decals?
- How will you hang your decals?
- Every year, over one billion birds in North America collide with windows, many of them fatally.
- Take the #BirdSafePledge and make your own personalized decals to make sure birds don’t fly into the windows of your meeting hall, school, community centre or home.
- Make your decals as interesting and decorative as you want—and stick them on your windows. It helps the birds realize there is glass there!
- What did you find out about bird safety while making your decals?
- How can you make this into a bigger project and get more people involved?
- Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- You can also protect birds by creating patterns on your window using tape. Tapes like masking tape or painter’s tape are best since they aren’t clear and will come off your window easily
Take it Further
- Do you know what to do if a bird does hit your window and needs help? Do some research on how to keep birds safe in your community, and maybe even get your community involved in taking the #BirdSafePledge, too.