- What supplies will you need for your rocket?
- How will you create thrust to launch your rocket? A reaction? Pressure?
- Where can you safely launch your rockets?
- Design and build your own rocket using household supplies.
- Find out how different fuels and designs will affect how your rocket flies.
- Then, test your rockets to see how they do!
- Did your rocket fly how you expected it to? Why or why not?
- What designs worked best? What fuels worked best? How well did what happened match your expectations?
- How do real rockets fly?
Keep it Simple
- Why not start with something smaller than bottle rockets? Try making your rocket out of a film canister or YOP bottle—use baking soda and vinegar, or an Alka-Seltzer® tablet and water to create thrust.
Take it Further
- Is there a local model rocket club in your community or someone else who could come and teach your Section about model rockets? Why not find out how they work and how to determine whatcharge to put in each rocket? Learn from the experts!