- Where will you look for fruit-bearing trees?
- What kinds of trees will you look for?
- How will you approach the trees’ owners?
- What will you need to pick the fruit?
- What will you do with the fruit you pick?
- Survey your community and identify fruit-bearing trees.
- Approach the trees’ owners for permission to pick the fruit.
- Pick the fruit and donate it to a local charity.
- Some communities may have local groups that pick fruit off of trees as an ongoing project. Connect with them and see how you can get involved!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What was your favourite part of this adventure?
- How did you feel before, during and after this adventure?
- How did you work as a team on this adventure?
- What obstacles did you encounter, and how did you overcome them?
- What did you do with the fruit and nuts you picked?
- What would you do differently if you did this again?
Keep it Simple
- Learn about the different fruit and nut bearing trees near you. How many can you identify? Try to identify as many as possible.
Take it Further
- Do you know about all the different wild edibles around you as you become a bush tucker! https://www.scouts.ca/activity-finder/bush-tucker.html