- Is there a community garden in your neighbourhood that you can volunteer at? If not, can you establish a new garden yourselves?
- Does the garden donate food to a charity? If not, will you donate what you grow on its plot?
- What equipment do you need?
- What will you grow?
- What will your schedule be for working at the garden?
- Community gardening is a great way to connect with nature, build your community, and provide healthy, locally grown food for those in need.
- Volunteer at a community garden for a growing season!
- Discover a new part of your neighbourhood, meet new people and experience the rewards of nurturing plants from seeds to harvest.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you get along? Did everyone do his or her part?
- How did you feel before, during and after this experience?
- What was most rewarding about this Adventure?
- What would you do differently next time?
- Has this experience changed how you feel about gardening? About food in general?
Keep it Simple
- Try planting something in your home garden! If you live somewhere cold, you can plant seeds in pots and keep them inside. Once they have sprouted and the weather has warmed up, move them outside.
Take it Further
- Arrange for your Section or Group to have their own community garden plot for a season – plant some veggies or herbs and use them to cook a meal!