- What resources will you use to learn about the signs and symptoms of a concussion?
- What props might you use to help your role playing?
- Memory loss is a major sign of a concussion. What are some questions you could ask someone to see if he or she has forgotten things?
- In pairs or small groups, have one person take on the role of the injured person and the rest of the group take on roles as first aiders and bystanders.
- Have your injured person act as though they have just hurt themselves—let them decide whether they will show signs and symptoms of a concussion.
- Take the appropriate steps to determine what steps should be taken to help.
- If you suspected that someone had a concussion, how did you react?
- What else might be a symptom of a concussion that has not already been discussed?
- What are some things you could do to help prevent a concussion?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Write down some signs and symptoms of concussions and have your injured role-player draw a few of these from a hat.
Take it Further
- Imagine a scenario where your group might not be able to get someone with a concussion to a doctor immediately. What would you do?