- When will you hold your fishing adventure? Family Fishing Weekend?
- Where will you hold your fishing adventure? Is fishing allowed there?
- What do you need to go fishing?
- What snacks will you bring?
- Plan a family fishing day to discover the wonders of your local waterways and life below the surface.
- With help from your Scouters, plan a fishing adventure to learn how to tie on hooks, cast your rod, and reel in different fish based on their diet and habitat.
- What did you find out about different fish and their needs, habitat and diet?
- What skills did fishing teach you to help you in other things?
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Fathers do so much to keep their children safe, happy and loved! Why not show your dad (or another special guest) how loved he is with a fishing adventure for his special day? As a Section, invite your dad (or another parent or guardian) for an afternoon of fishing fun to show just how much they mean to you. Many parts of the country offer a free fishing weekend in June or July.
Take it Further
- Mix your fishing adventure with a BioBlitz of what’s in the waters near you and explore how you might protect them. From your BioBlitz, take a look at any invasive species in the waters that are harmful to fish and our waters. Be sure to keep tabs on fishing safety and around other animals and plants.