- What meats and vegetables you want to cook?
- When and where will you make your foil meal?
- How will you get the ingredients? What else do you need for this Adventure?
- Has everyone agreed on all of the details?
- Choose some tasty meats and vegetables. Make sure the veggies you choose are ones you enjoy eating cooked.
- With help from your Scouters, prepare your meat and vegetables. Put out a selection for everyone to choose from.
- Line some foil with cooking oil, butter or margarine.
- Add your favourite meats and vegetables, and maybe some salt, pepper or other spices.
- Wrap your meal up securely, then put it on your campfire’s coals or on a grill.
- Turn it once and then let it cook a while longer (cooking times will depend on what you have in your foil, and on how hot your fire is).
- Pull your meal from the fire, give it a few minutes to cool, and open it up and pour your meat and vegetables out your plate or bowl. Supper’s ready!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How was your foil meal?
- How did you work as a team on this Adventure?
- What creative approaches did you or others use?
- What would you do differently next time?
- How can you build on this experience?
Keep it Simple
- Did you know you can make foil desserts? Banana boats and s’mores cones are just two examples of delicious desserts you can make with tin foil and a fire! Perfect your fire cooking skills by starting small with dessert!
Take it Further
- What other meals could you make using this technique? Try to think of a foil breakfast, lunch and dinner and then try them out at your next camp.