- What will you need for this adventure?
- Where will you get your tree seeds?
- How will you care for your tree? How long will it be before you can plant your little tree?
- When and where will you plant your seedling?
- Most trees come from seeds. If you want to see how a tree grows from a tiny green sprout to a tough little seedling, you can plant seeds early in the Scouting Year.
- By spring, your little trees might just be ready to plant at your Scoutrees event.
- One day, your tree might reach high into the sky!
- Plant a tree from a seed and take care of it until it’s ready to be planted for good.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What did you enjoy about this adventure?
- Where did you plant your tree?
- What kind of tree did you plant?
- How can you keep taking care of your tree even after it’s been planted?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Trees can be hard to grow, so start with smaller plants. In the early spring, plant your seeds inside pots and keep them inside your house. When the weather is warmer and your seeds have sprouted, transplant them to an outdoor garden and watch them grow!
Take it Further
- Do you know how forest cycles work? Why do some trees die while others live? How can some trees growth prevent others from growing?