- When is the next full moon? How can you find out?
- What is the weather forecast? Will it be a clear night so you can see the moon?
- What will you need to wear for this Adventure?
- How will you mark the area where you will play the game?
- How will you decide who is “it”?
- How will you find a Scouter if you need help?
- What other games of tag might be fun on your moonlight adventure?
- Dress warmly and head out for your moonlight adventure
- The person who is “it” needs to step on the shadow of another person to “tag” them and make that person “it.”
- Keep playing until everyone has had a turn as “it” or you’re too tired to keep running!
Over hot chocolate, reflect on your Adventure:
- What do you know now that you did not know before this Adventure?
- How did you respect your friends while playing tag?
- What surprised you, frustrated you or delighted you during the game?
- What other games are fun to play outside on a night with a full moon? Have you ever played “Fox and Geese?”
Keep it Simple
- If the moon isn’t bright enough to cast good shadows, play a game of flashlight tag. If you tag someone with the beam (light) of your flashlight, they’re it!
Take it Further
- Make a track in the snow and play a game of Fox and Geese!