- When and where will you hold your Scouts’ Own?
- Will your Scouts’ Own have a particular theme? How will you decide?
- How will each person contribute?
- What songs and/or readings will you include?
- How will you include members of all faiths?
- As a Patrol or Expedition Team, organize a Scouts’ Own for your Section’s next camp or event. A Scouts’ Own is typically brief – only 15 minutes or so.
- If you feel inspired to explore a particular theme that’s a good fit for your camp, all the better, but you do not have to follow a theme.
- Your Scouts’ Own does not have to be religious, but should be inclusive to members of all faiths.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How was your Scouts’ Own received by others?
- How did you make sure everyone felt included?
- What might you do differently in the future?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Start by finding some readings to share. They don’t have to be religious, but could be inspiring or teach a lesson. Share them with your Section at the end of a meeting!
Take it Further
- Plan a spiritual retreat for your team and attend it – what will you learn?