- Does one of the Scouters have a gratitude journal that they would share with the group?
- Research what gratitude is and think about somethings that you are grateful for.
- What supplies do you need?
- Do you need adult help?
- Design your journal and add all the things you are grateful for.
- Try doing this every day for a week, then try a month.
- See how you feel after doing it. Does it make you feel happy, grateful, sad, or even uncomfortable?
- Think about why this is.
- What did you enjoy about the journaling?
- What didn't you like?
- What could have been better?
- What do we know now that we didn’t know before?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Notebooks, or paper to write on. Pens, Pencils.
Keep it Simple
Use age-appropriate journals, it doesn’t have to be words, it could be drawings etc. Use prompts such as “who in your family are you grateful for? “
Take it Further
Try to keep a journal for 6 months or a year and see how you have changed with that time.