- Does one of the Scouters have a gratitude journal that they would share with the group?
- Research what gratitude is and think about somethings that you are grateful for.
- What supplies do you need?
- Do you need adult help?
- Design your journal and add all the things you are grateful for.
- Try doing this every day for a week, then try a month.
- See how you feel after doing it. Does it make you feel happy, grateful, sad, or even uncomfortable?
- Think about why this is.
- What did you enjoy about the journaling?
- What didn't you like?
- What could have been better?
- What do we know now that we didn’t know before?
Notebooks, or paper to write on. Pens, Pencils.
Keep it Simple
Use age-appropriate journals, it doesn’t have to be words, it could be drawings etc. Use prompts such as “who in your family are you grateful for? “
Take it Further
Try to keep a journal for 6 months or a year and see how you have changed with that time.