- Where can you find a water space to go on this adventure?
- What equipment will you need on this adventure?
- Where will you get the things you need?
- Does someone know how to roll a kayak already? If not, is there someone who can teach you?
- If you don’t have immediate access to kayaks, is there a way you can access some?
- How will you transport the kayaks to the body of water that will be hosting this adventure?
- When will you go on this adventure?
- After planning all the steps you need to go out to learn this new skill, go out on the planned date and master rolling a kayak!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you feel before, during and after this adventure?
- Were there any difficulties you faced? If so, how did you overcome them?
- Would you repeat this adventure? Would you do anything differently?
Keep it Simple
- Start by learning the basics of kayaking. As a team or Section, take lessons in kayaking and start learning the basics!
Take it Further
- Go whitewater kayaking! Once you have learned the basics of kayaking (and even if you haven’t perfected your roll yet), try whitewater kayaking. Some local groups or paddling schools may offer lessons – this is something to do with the help of an expert, so do not attempt it on your own!