- What equipment do you need to gather to do your experiment?
- Do you need help from anyone?
- Is there anything dangerous you may need to consider?
- Examine each of the materials you have been given
- Are they a solid, liquid or a gas?
- Make Oobleck
- How is Oobleck different?
- What is a Newtonian fluid?
- Was it hard to determine what state each of the material were?
- What was strange about the Oobleck?
- Are there things that you can do to the material that will change their state?
- Remember to add your activity to the Take Action Map.
- Food colouring
- honey (corn syrup or shampoo)
- brick or stone
- pop rocks
- gelatin dessert
- wax warmer (air freshener)
- kettle with boiling water
- hand lotion
- chocolate bar
- plastic bottle with pop
- empty balloon
- inflated balloon
- ice or snow
- eggs (boiled and raw)
Keep it Simple
Make stress balls
Take it Further
What are some other Newtonian fluids