- How much newspaper and masking tape will each team be allowed to use?
- How much time will you take to make your chairs?
- What roles will the members of your team take on? Will somebody be the leader, or will you make choices as a group?
- Build your paper chair!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What approach did you take to making your chair? If you tried more than one approach, which strategy worked best—and why?
- Who took on a leadership role on your team?
- How did you work as a team on this adventure?
- What have you learned from the chairs the other teams made?
- If you were to try this challenge again, what would you do differently?
- Masking tape
Keep it Simple
- If you find that you’re having trouble because you’re running out of supplies, agree on a way that teams can earn more supplies. Maybe they perform a song, skit or cheer for the facilitators in exchange for more tape or newspaper!
Take it Further
- Why stop at a chair? Build multiple pieces of functional paper furniture. Which team can build the most inventive piece?