- What materials will you need for this activity?
- Which veggie scraps can be used to re-grow plants?
- What will your plants need to grow and stay healthy?
- Start by doing research to find out which veggie scraps can be used to re-grow plants. Then save veggie scraps from your kitchen. This is a great way to reduce food waste!
- Use the veggie scraps to grow new plants. Make sure your plants get lots of light!
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
- What type of veggie scraps did you decide to use? Why?
- What did you learn from this activity?
- What other things can we do to reduce food waste?
- Veggie scraps
- Flower pot
Keep it Simple
- Instead of growing plants from food scraps, you can save seeds from vegetables in your kitchen!
Take it Further
- Do research to discover other uses for food scraps. How else can we reduce food waste in our kitchens?