- What resources are available in your community for people who are struggling with homelessness or poverty?
- Where can you hang up your posters?
- What materials will you need to create your posters?
- Start by finding out what resources are available in your community. These resources might include organizations like food banks, soup kitchens, and homeless shelters.
- Start creating your posters! Work in small groups to create posters that can share important information about resources in your community with people who need them. Make sure you include the name of the organization, what they do, where they can be found, and when they are open.
- You can use markers or other supplies to decorate your posters.
- Hang up your posters where they can be seen by people who might need them.
- Do you think there are enough resources to help people experiencing poverty and homelessness in your community?
- How did you make sure that everyone in your group had a chance to participate?
- What else can you do to help people experiencing poverty and homelessness in your community?
- Writing and coloring utensils
Keep it Simple
Work together to create one big poster! If you are doing this activity online, you can use an interactive whiteboard system so that everyone can work on the same poster at the same time.
Take it Further
To take this activity further, think about the needs of people struggling with poverty and homelessness. Do the resources available in your city meet all their needs? If not, what is missing? What could be done to meet this need?