- What does a scientist look like, what are some good characteristics they may have?
- What do you need to gather before you can start playing the game?
- Distribute the cards equally around the youth.
- The youth move around the room and trade Fact Cards. They are not allowed to know what they are trading for; the facts are kept secret until after the trade.
- After a trade, the youth take their new cards to their group’s Newsflash page and record the clue information on the fact summary page. All the facts are true, but not all are relevant to solve the mystery. There should be multiple copies of the same facts in circulation during the activity. Once a group has accumulated all ten facts, they can solve the mystery.
- When a group has a solution, they present it to the rest of the troop. The other youth can support or refute the solution being offered
- What did you learn that you didn’t already know?
- Did some of the facts surprise you?
- Remember to add your activity to the Take Action Map.
- News Flash and Fact Cards: Stars Are Going Too Fast!
- News Flash and Fact Cards: Seaside Sparrow Declared Extinct!
- News Flash and Fact Cards: Thousands of Fish Die!
Keep it Simple
Try to find animals, trees, and insects in your local area that are endangered and see if you can help.
Take it Further
Is there anything that you can do to help stop the extinction