- What do you know about the water cycle?
- Where do you want to build your solar still?
- How do you want to build your solar still?
- Will it be portable or dug into the ground?
- What will you use to build your solar still?
- What will you use to collect the clean water?
- How will you test the quality of your distilled water?
- How will you form your groups?
- Thinking about everything you know about the water cycle, draw up a design for your still.
- Collect all the materials you will need.
- Build your solar still.
- How can you increase the temperature inside the still?
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How could you increase the rate at which the water evaporates?
- How would a solar still help someone without access to running water?
- Is the still portable to take on a backpacking trip? If not, what might you do to make it so?
- How does this adventure help you work towards your ScoutCraft OAS?
- What elements of STEM did you use in this adventure? (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- What did you like about this adventure?
- What did you not like?
- How would you do this adventure differently?
- Remember to add your activity to the Take Action Map.
Keep it Simple
- Try other ways to filter water