- Where are you going to go on your field trip?
- When will you go on your adventure?
- What weather do you expect?
- How will you dress?
- What should you pack? What will you need for this Adventure?
- How will you make sure that you Leave No Trace?
- Observe how the different species around you interact with the water nearby (pond, stream, beach, etc.)
- Take photos and make notes of what you see and talk about it with the others in your group.
- You might observe that frogs and toads absorb water through their skin, while mosquitoes tend to hang out near still water.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How does each species you saw interact with water?
- Why is water an important part of every ecosystem?
- What did other people see that you did not?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
- Consider how long you will be on your field trip, include drinking water and snacks
- Pen/Paper or notebook
Keep it Simple
- Rather than going on a field trip, create a list of how different species use water (drinking, washing food, plants need it to grow, etc.)
- Using this information, create a poster or drawing of an ecosystem to show the importance of water to all living things
Take it Further
- Explore your local water more in depth by doing a pond dip!