- What do you need to complete this activity?
- Where can you look for inspiration for your ad?
- What kind of ad will you create?
- What toy will you promote?
- Look at different advertisements and discuss what you notice.
- Decide on what kind of ad you will make (poster, video, etc.)
- Decide on what toy/product you will promote.
- Decide on how much time you will need to complete the activity.
- Complete your ad and share them with the group.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How can you use this information in your daily life?
- What would you change about this adventure next time?
- What similarities and differences are there between your ad and others?
- Drawing materials
- Anything to decorate posters.
Keep it Simple
Look through popular children’s magazines (Toys ‘R’ Us for example) and identify how the ad is portrayed. Find an ad in the book and ask the following questions: Is the ad specifically for a boy or a girl? Does the ad show boys or girls playing with the toy? How does that make you feel? How could we change the ad?
Take it Further
Visit a local toy store and make notes about how the toys are displayed. Can you see visible gender stereotypes? Write a letter to the toy store about what you saw and some changes they could make.