- What kind of event will you run?
- When will you hold this event?
- How can you reach out to your community?
- What materials do you need?
- Who can you contact to find support for your event?
- Research different ways you can spread the word about water and help bring clean and accessible water to people around the world.
- Look up different initiatives like World Water Day (March 22nd) for ideas and decide on how you would like to raise awareness.
- Choose a date/location of when you want the event to happen.
- Promote your event- how will you reach out to the community to get them involved (posters, online ads, word of mouth, etc.)?
- Gather and create the necessary materials for your event (posters, tables, donation boxes, etc.)
- Give thanks- consider ways you can give thanks to those who supported your initiative.
- What do you know now that you didn’t before?
- How can you continue to support accessible and clean water for all?
- What are some things you would change about this activity next time?
- What were you successful at?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Take a look at “We All Love Water” and discuss why clean and accessible water is important not only to humans, but to every living thing on Earth.
Take it Further
- Check out some international water initiatives and get involved. Look at: generosity.org, SPLASH, Ride4Water, and Thirst Project for some inspiration.