- What short word or message will you send to the other team?
- How will you send your message? Will you use ping-pong paddles, or some other signaling device?
- You can spell out messages using Morse code. Pair up with another team and set up on opposite sides of the room (or a little way apart if doing this outside).
- Get two ping-pong paddles of different colours. Use one to represent a dash, and the other to represent a dot.
- Following Morse code, send a message to team Lair on the other side of the room
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What was tricky about this challenge?
- What helped you to understand and decode the message you were sent?
- What ways can you think of to send messages using Morse code?
- What would you do differently next time?
Keep it Simple
Use a guide to Morse code and write out your message before sending it, rather than trying to figure it out on the spot.
Take it Further
Learn another alternative form of communication, like sign language, braille, or semaphore!