- What does the White Tail Council, Howler Council or Troop Leadership Team do? How does it make decisions?
- How do White Tails, Howlers or Patrol Leaders work with their teams? How do they make sure that everyone can share an idea for an adventure?
- What ideas for adventures do you have to share?
- How can your Scouters help the SLT?
- In teams of six to eight, come up with ideas for adventures you might do as a Section. Rank your ideas.
- Next, split up your team into three groups. Each group of people should get together with groups from the other teams.
- Pretend that your new group is the Section Leadership Team. What adventures will your Section go on next season?
- For Troop, try taking on different roles in the SLT, like Troop Leader, Patrol Leader and Assistant Patrol Leader
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you make decisions in your team? In your Section Leadership Team group?
- How did you make sure that everyone was part of choosing adventures?
- How can the SLT help your Section?
- What did you do to make your SLT meeting successful?
Take it Further
Volunteer to take on a role in your Section Leadership team, or lead the planning of an activity.