- How many meals do you need to plan for?
- How will you decide on a meal that everyone will enjoy eating?
- What would you like to try to make? How much skill is involved? Who will work with the Scouters to do grocery shopping for the camp?
- Come up with a healthy menu for a weekend camp.
- Think about what foods you like to eat that also will be easy to cook away from home.
- You can even try a crazy new recipe that touches all the food groups and that everyone likes. Who’s hungry?!
- What was your favourite meal? Why?
- What problems did you have to solve?
- What would you do differently next time?
- What are some good things that happen when we cook and eat together?
Keep it Simple
- Have each Lodge or Lair plan one meal for your camp. What are the ingredients for your meal? What will you need to cook this meal (frying pan, pot, ladle, etc.)? How can you try to choose items with the least waste possible?
Take it Further
- Why not plan a vegetarian camp for yourselves? Make your entire menu vegetarian items! Do you still have items from all of the important food groups to keep you energized and healthy during your adventure?