- What materials will you need? Where will you get these materials?
- Who will bring the eggs?
- How will you drop your eggs? How will you tumble them?
- How will you stop the eggs from making a mess if they break?
- Using different materials, create a case to protect an egg in a fall.
- Try using different materials to compare how successful they are.
- After you create a case for your egg, try dropping it from different heights to see what kind of fall your egg can survive!
- How well did your case protect your egg?
- How was your case like a helmet for your head?
- If you were to make another case for an egg, what would you do differently next time?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Not sure how to design your egg case? Why not brainstorm some ideas with a group before you start building?
Take it Further
- Consider going beyond a simple egg—why not try the same activity with something bigger, like a watermelon?