- What materials will you need? Where will you get these materials?
- Who will bring the eggs?
- How will you drop your eggs? How will you tumble them?
- How will you stop the eggs from making a mess if they break?
- Using different materials, create a case to protect an egg in a fall.
- Try using different materials to compare how successful they are.
- After you create a case for your egg, try dropping it from different heights to see what kind of fall your egg can survive!
- How well did your case protect your egg?
- How was your case like a helmet for your head?
- If you were to make another case for an egg, what would you do differently next time?
Keep it Simple
- Not sure how to design your egg case? Why not brainstorm some ideas with a group before you start building?
Take it Further
- Consider going beyond a simple egg—why not try the same activity with something bigger, like a watermelon?