- What materials do you need for this activity?
- How would you like to get involved in the community on this topic?
- What resources can you give for people who need the help?
- How will you make sure everyone feels welcome and respected when talking about mental health?
- It’s okay not to feel okay—just know who you can turn to for help.
- As a Section, start a conversation and take steps in ensuring that everyone feels safe speaking up about how they’re feeling and asking for help.
- Join a campaign to get started! Whether it’s a nationwide campaign like #BellLetsTalk or another initiative in your community, get the word out with your peers and take steps to erase the stigma!
- What did you find out about mental health that you didn’t know before?
- How can you continue erasing the stigma?
- How did the activity make you feel?
- How can you help to make sure your peers are doing okay?
Keep it Simple
- Erasing the stigma all starts with a conversation. As a Lodge, Lair or Patrol, start a warm fuzzies jar, where you give your peers compliments and positive messages through little notes or drawings, to start the conversation and find out how to be there for your friends when they’re not feeling well. Kind words are one of the best ways to help friends feel better!
Take it Further
- With others from your Section, take on the challenge of running your own campaign in your school or workplace. How do you want to share your message and get others involved? How can you make a positive difference for youth mental health?