- What supplies do you need for this activity?
- How is ice cream made?
- How will you flavour your snow ice cream?
- How will you stay safe in this activity?
- Start by collecting clean snow – ideally, put a bowl outside and collect snow as it falls.
- Add sugar and vanilla to taste and then add milk until the snow has a smooth consistency that you can eat.
- Serve into bowls and give people a chance to add other flavours! Add fruit, jam or chocolate chips to add a bit of flavour.
- How did adding the milk change the consistency of the snow?
- What flavours did you add to your ice cream? How did it taste?
- What flavours would you add if you made this again?
- Big bowl to collect snow
- Smaller bowls for each person
- Spoon per person (not metal)
- Freshly fallen snow
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Other flavouring items – fruit, jam, chocolate sauce, etc.
Keep it Simple
- Try making popsicles and letting them freeze outside if you cannot get clean snow for your ice cream.
Take it Further
- Experiment by adding different amounts of sugar and milk – how does it change your ice cream?