- When and where will you have your cycling adventure?
- How will you prepare for this adventure?
- What equipment do you need?
- Instead of a hiking or paddling trip, plan, do and review a great cycling adventure! This is a fantastic way to explore new places and to increase your confidence on a bicycle.
- Build up to your actual cycling trip through a series of training rides and make sure you’re prepared for your route.
- Start short and build up to longer outings.
- You’ll find that just like on a long hiking or paddling trip, there’s a rewarding rhythm to cycle touring that it takes time to discover.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did your body react to this adventure?
- What would you do differently in the future?
- What was your favourite part of your biking adventure?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- If a bike trip is a bit too much for your Section, why not do a bike rodeo at your meeting place? Meet outside in the parking lot or somewhere else where you can safely ride bikes. Make sure your bike is ready for the season, practice bike safety and discover bike paths in your city!
Take it Further
- Some incredible campground trails are also bike friendly. Instead of just organizing a bike day trip, why not plan for a backcountry bike camp? Find a campground you can bike to safely and find ways to carry your gear to spend the night.